Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Crispy Parmesan Ranch Crusted Green Beans



I made these last week with some chicken, parmesan, basil pasta (I'll post later). My boys loved them because they ate the green beans with their fingers like french fries. The only note I would add is that more salt may need to be added (I would use kosher salt). Also I have a big ranch family and they liked dipping their beans in homemade ranch. Very very healthy! *grin*

Crispy Parmesan Ranch Crusted Green Beans
*picky palate

¾ Cup prepared Ranch Dressing (I prefer Hidden Valley Seasoning to make my own)
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ Cups panko bread crumbs
½ Cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ lb washed and trimmed fresh green beans (I used some green beans I picked this summer and froze, they still worked really well)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine ranch dressing and egg together in a shallow dish. Combine panko, parmesan, salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish. Lightly dip beans into ranch dressing. Press into crumb mixture then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet (they’ll stick to the pan if not, even if sprayed with cooking spray). Do this process until all beans have been coated. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is crispy and golden. Let cool for 3 minutes then serve.

No comments: