Monday, November 30, 2009

Lasagna Fritta (fried lasagna)



Here is a great dish I had at olive garden a month ago as an app. O.G. doesn't give out this recipe so here's my variation... very very good!!



Lasagna Fritta
Makes 14 servings

2/3 c milk
1 c Parmesan cheese
6 oz Feta cheese
¼ tsp white pepper
1 TBSP butter
7 lasagna noodles
1 oz marinara sauce
1 oz Alfredo sauce

Boil and stir together butter, white pepper, milk, Parmesan, and feta cheese.
Boil Lasagna noodles as directed.
When the noodles are finished, spread a thin layer of cheese & milk mix along noodle and fold into 2 inch pieces. Let set in the freezer for 1 hour, placing something heavy on top to keep it together.

When you take them out of the freezer, cut the pieces in half long-ways.

Before you fry them, mix 1/4 c milk and 1 egg together and get a bowl ready with Italian bread crumbs.

then dip each piece in the milk/egg then the bread crumbs. NOW you can fry them.
Fry at 350 degrees for 4 minutes

Spread Alfredo on the bottom of the serving plate, placing each piece in the sauce. Drizzle marinara sauce on top.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOoks delish!

Unknown said...

I'm trying these right now... I am hoping the filing sets up because as of right now I don't see how it will stay on the noddles it is so runny

hyacinth said...

I made these tonight. One thing I saw on another message board was that the ruffle on the edge would be a problem. I cut the edges off after cooking to be on the safe side. The cheese filling does start out runny, but it gels better when cool. I put mine in the fridge to thicken. When putting the cheese mixture on the noodle we found it better to put a thick line down the center and let it ooze to the edges when folding. I never quite got the hang of folding the noodles like Olive Garden but it came out great anyway. I'd make these again and keep experimenting with folding methods. They were worth the work.